Parks & Recreation
Events Held at Pedigo Park
Pedigo Park was the site for several community events including:
- Annual Polk County Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society
- Christmas Hay Ride in the Park
- First Baptist Church, "A Night in Bethlehem"
- Habitat for Humanity Challenge Walk
Events Held at Other Parks & Recreation Facilities
- The Texas Independence Day Celebration was held at the Old City Cemetery in February and was sponsored by the Polk County Historical Commission.
- Matthews Park Swimming Pool offered a summer full of activities including swimming lessons for over 426 children, including Water Babies, Water Waddles for 3-year-olds and regular swim lessons for children 4 years old and older.
- Matthews Street Pool is the home of the Livingston Sea Lions Swim Team, including swimmers from age 6 to 18. The Sea Lions had another successful year in 2015.
- The 55th Annual Polk County Youth Rodeo was held at the Barney Wiggins Memorial Rodeo Arena in July.
- Numerous tournaments were hosted by Livingston Youth Baseball Association and Livingston Girls Softball Association bringing in many families to spend the weekend in Livingston.
Events at the Livestock Show and Rodeo included:
- Ag Mechanics Exhibits
- Arts and Crafts Exhibits
- BBQ Cook-Off
- Food Show
- Horticulture Exhibits
- Livestock Show
- Rodeo and Livestock Auction
- Sweetheart Contest
- Washer Tournament
The Parks and Recreation Department completed the following projects:
- The Parks and Recreation Department created a wide array of special Christmas lighting throughout the City.
- New playground equipment was installed at Matthews Street Park replacing equipment that was installed in 1992.
- A new picnic pavilion was constructed adjacent to the back pond and girls softball fields.
- In July, the City entered into a 5-year lease agreement with Bobby Brame for the operation of the Livingston Municipal Golf Course, a 9-hole course located adjacent to Matthews Street Park.
Policies, Rules & Regulations
View the policies, rules and regulations for the use of Pedigo Park Pavilions and Trade Days area.