City of Livingston Electric System
The City of Livingston owns and operates the electric system which was established in 1922 and consists of two substations interconnected to two separate lines of Entergy and approximately 75 miles of 13 kV distribution lines. The City currently provides electric service to 3,244 customers within the city limits.
Pay Utility Bill
Pay your utility bill on the Utility Billing website.
Public Power System
Legislation was passed in May, 1999 to deregulate the electric utility industry in January, 2002 to allow customers a choice of electrical providers and, hopefully, to provide lower electric rates. Your Livingston Municipal Electric System operates as a municipally-owned electric system and you, as residents of the city, are the owners of the electrical system.
While there are many advantages to public power, the greatest asset to the city's ownership of the electrical distribution system is that all the profits from the system remain within the community to benefit the local citizens by providing other facilities and services such as parks, library, fire and police protection and streets and drainage. Additionally, the city's ownership of the electric distribution system allows the city to operate without an ad valorem property tax.
The hallmarks of public power - local ownership, local control, community development, and reliable electric service - are a benefit to the citizens of Livingston and have allowed our city to grow and prosper.
|Year||Number of Customers
||KWH Sold - Residential
||KWH Sold - Commercial
Duties & Activities
- Assist with Electrical Safety Training at the Annual Livingston Volunteer Fire Department Fire School.
- Maintenance of rights-of-way throughout the City including mowing of vegetation, tree trimming and removal of dead or problem trees.
- Routine maintenance of both Livingston and Ogletree electric substations.
- Electric linemen participate in safety meetings hosted by Texas Electric Cooperatives.
- Maintain night lights, street lights and floodlights throughout the City.
- Maintain the lights at:
- Barney Wiggins Memorial Arena Fairgrounds
- Baseball Fields
- Livingston Municipal Airport
- Livingston Municipal Library
- LVFD Fire Training Field
- Matthews Street Park
- Tennis Courts
- Livingston Municipal Complex